Customer Portal UK T&Cs
Terms of Website Use
Accessing our Site
2. Access to the portal is provided on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide via the portal without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the portal is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the portal, or the entire portal, to users who have registered with us.
3. Calls may be recorded for training purposes. Close Brothers Premium Finance is a trading style of Close Brothers Limited - a subsidiary of Close Brothers Group plc. Close Brothers Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Address: 10 Crown Place, London EC2A 4FT. Registered at Companies House Number 195626.
Use of this portal
4. The information provided on this portal or in any communication containing a link to this portal is for your personal use and for information purposes only. It is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Close Brothers Limited or any member of the Close Group to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Where any opinions are expressed on this portal, they are provided by Close Brothers Limited for personal use and for information purposes only.
5. The services and products on this portal are intended for use by residents of the United Kingdom only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
6. Access to this portal is restricted to those persons who have activated their account and have a valid Close Brothers Premium Finance account number, user ID, and password. Access or attempted access by unauthorised individuals may lead to legal proceedings.
7. You must not misuse the portal by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the portal, the server on which the portal is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the portal. You must not attack the portal via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the portal will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the portal or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or any website linked to it.
8. The provisions in this 'Our liability' section should be read carefully as they set out the extent of our legal liability in connection with your use of this portal. Nothing in these Terms shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible to exclude under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
9. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or any conduct of business rules with which we are bound to comply.
10. The material displayed on the portal is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of the Close Group and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
11. We take no responsibility for the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this portal by unauthorised third parties.
12. To provide increased value to users of this portal, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of Close Group) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, we have no control over the contents of such sites, are not responsible for the availability of those external sites or resources, and that we do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable for (i) the privacy practices of such sites, (ii) the content of such sites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such sites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of those sites or resources; or (iv) any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external sites or resources. No endorsement or approval of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressed or implied by any information on our portal.
13. Messages sent over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure as they are subject to possible interception, loss or alteration. We are not responsible for such risks. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages or otherwise in connection with any message sent by you to the Close Group or any message sent by the Close Group to you over the internet where such damages result from circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
14. You have responsibility for the adequate protection and back up of data and / or equipment and for ensuring that you take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
16. You confirm that all information provided by you is complete and accurate. You must not give Close Brothers Limited personal information about someone else without first getting his or her consent for it to be used and disclosed in the ways described in this policy. Whilst Close Brothers Limited may still ask for confirmation of such content, it is your responsibility to ensure that consent is obtained and we shall be entitled to rely on your confirmation that it has been obtained.
Information we collect about you
18. We may collect and process the following information about you when you register and use our portal:
19. We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to monitor usage patterns.
20. We may also collect information about your internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember certain information about you. This can include which pages you have visited, choices you have made from menus, any specific information you have entered into forms and the time and date of your visit. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser. We use session cookies to carry information across pages of our site and avoid you having to re-enter information each time you enter a new page.
Persistent cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser even after the browser is closed. The length of time a cookie remains depends on its lifespan. We use persistent cookies to collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use the website and help us improve the structure of our website.
No personal information is stored in our cookies.
21. You can delete our cookies at any time or disable cookies in your browser settings. If you do this, our portal may not work properly for you and you might not be able to log in.
How we use your information
22. We use the information held about you for the following purposes:
23. By submitting your contact details to us and agreeing to these Terms you are agreeing to receive occasional electronic marketing communications (email and sms) from Close Brothers Premium Finance, other companies in the Close Brothers Group of companies (the Close Group) and /or carefully selected third parties unless you have indicated by ticking the box in the use of your information section that you do not want to hear from us. You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, other companies in the Close Group and / or selected third parties by writing to us at Close Brothers Premium Finance, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, London, SW19 3RU, by telephone on 0333 321 8566 or by email at Marketingpf@closebrothers.com providing your full name, address and account details and the types of communication that you no longer wish to receive (e.g. email or sms). Remember however that opting out could stop us contacting you about our products and services that may be of interest to you
Disclosure of your information
25. We may pass this information to other members of the Close Group so that they may use this information for the same purposes for which we use it.
26. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
27. We may notify you of a change to these Terms by giving you written notice or by publishing the change on our website. We will send all written notices to the latest email address you provided. You must let us know if you change your email address (you can do so online), to make sure that we have your current email address at all times.
28. Under the Data Protection Act (the Act) you have the right of access to your personal data. The Act allows us to charge a fee of £10 for this service. If you have any queries about how we process your personal data or if you consider that any data we hold is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know by email to Marketingpf@closebrothers.com
Security of your online information
29. Our portal requires secure log in information. We utilise a range of security measures for the portal, including encryption technology that ensures your data remains inaccessible to unauthorised people.
30. For your protection, if you enter your email address and password incorrectly three times, we will block access to your account. If we block your account you will need to phone us on 0333 321 8566 so that we can reactivate it. You must make sure that nobody else knows your password. Do not even disclose it to our customer service advisors. Do not write it down. If you think that somebody may know your password, you should change it immediately through the portal or by phoning us on the number above. You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the portal through your account are aware of these Terms and comply with them. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us at the same time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of these Terms.
31. For more details on our security and privacy statements, please login to the portal and access our legal information. Alternatively, please email Marketingpf@closebrothers.com for these details.
Intellectual Property Rights
32. Close, Close Bank, Close Brothers, the Close Brothers Logo and I-PROMPT are trade marks of Close Brothers Group plc. The display of trade names or trade marks within this portal does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same.
33. We own and reserve all rights with respect to the copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the portal and the content published on it except where indicated otherwise by the inclusion of a third party proprietary notice and will enforce our rights to the full extent of the law. Nothing on this portal shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right to use any part of this portal including any image, trade mark, logo or service mark. No act of downloading or otherwise copying from this portal will transfer title to any software or material on this portal (or any copyright or other intellectual property right in it) to you.
34. You must not use any part of the materials on our portal for commercial purposes without obtaining an express licence from us to do so.
35. The contents of this portal are not intended to provide any financial, investment or professional advice on which reliance should be placed and nothing on the pages of this portal shall be deemed to constitute financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. You must obtain advice from a qualified expert before making any investment decision. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the portal or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
36. Nothing on this portal should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to acquire or dispose of any investment.
Changes to this portal
37. The contents of this portal, including these Terms are subject to change by us without notification. Additionally Close Brothers Limited shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the portal or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
38. Calls may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
39. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Close Brothers Limited reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
40. Important information about compensation arrangements. We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors - including most individuals and small businesses - are covered by the scheme.
In respect of deposits, an eligible depositor is entitled to claim up to £50,000. For joint accounts each account holder is treated as having a claim in respect of their share so, for a joint account held by two eligible depositors, the maximum amount that could be claimed would be £50,000 each (making a total of £100,000). The £50,000 limit relates to the combined amount in all the eligible depositor's accounts with the bank, including their share of any joint account, and not to each separate account. For further information about the scheme (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please ask at your local branch, refer to the FSCS website www.FSCS.org.uk or call 020 7892 7300.
41. If you are not satisfied with the products or services provided by Close Brothers Premium Finance or Close Payment Services and need to raise a complaint you can do so by writing to us at Close Brothers Premium Finance, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, London, SW19 3RU. Alternatively you can call us on 0333 321 8566 or fax to 0870 243 0029. Close Brothers Premium Finance adheres to the Financial Conduct Authority's rules on complaints handling. We will acknowledge all complaints within 5 business days of receipt. We will aim to issue a final response within 8 weeks.
42. If you are still not satisfied after following Close Brothers Premium Finance procedures, you can contact The Financial Ombudsman Service and ask the Ombudsman to review the complaint. You can write to them at: Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR or telephone 020 7964 1000.
43. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
44. These Terms are governed by the laws of England and any dispute regarding this portal shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Disability discrimination act
45. We are committed to eliminate on the grounds of disability any discrimination in the work place and to making all reasonable and practical adjustments to meet the needs of staff, prospective staff, customers and prospective customers equally. Our Running Account Credit Agreement (RACA) is available on Audio and in Braille. To request these or to seek assistance on any other matters pertaining to the Disability Discrimination Act please contact our Marketing Department at Marketingpf@closebrothers.com or 0333 321 8566.